Alisa is currently working on her clinical doctorate degree at Rockey Mountain University of Health Professions. She attended Louisiana State University and The University of Houston. She graduated with a Bachelor of Science In Communication Disorders with a minor in Psychology and a Master’s of Arts in Communication Disorders. She has been practicing in the field for over 20 years.
Alisa’s work setting experience includes private practice, regional centers, the public-school systems, hospitals, home health, assisted living, early childhood intervention, skilled nursing facilities, rehabilitation clinics, corporate communication, corporate workplace safety and rehab, and entertainment industries.
Alisa has provided assessment and treatment for autism spectrum disorders, auditory processing/attention, oral motor/feeding disorders, speech disorders, apraxia, cleft palate, craniofacial anomalies, voice disorders, language disorders, stuttering/fluency disorders, accent modification/reduction, facilitating Parkinson adult groups, and special needs intervention. She enjoys a long-standing working relationship with colleagues from the health, corporate, educational, military, and entertainment sectors.
Areas of specialties include feeding, swallowing, orofacial myology, cognitive and neurological disorders.
She started her medical career as a reservist in the United States Air Force and is a "Desert Storm Veteran." She has presented on various topics such as auditory processing, apraxia of speech, and oral motor techniques at several workshops. Many of these presentations were teaching seminars for colleagues and parents.
In her spare time, you will find Alisa cooking, enjoying wine tastings, and spending time with her two children, husband, and their Yorkie and Yorkie Poo.
Professional Credentials, Affiliations, and Listings
· American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), 2003
· ASHA ACE Award in Continuing Education 2019
· ASHA ACE Award in Continuing Education 2018
· ASHA ACE Award in Continuing Education 2017
· National Black Association for Speech-Language and Hearing 2018
· Texas Speech-Language-Hearing Association (TSHA), 2000
· Houston Association for Communication Disorders (HACD), 2000
· ASHA Special Interest Group in Neurophysiology and Neurogenic Speech-Language Disorders
· ASHA Special Interest Group in Swallowing Disorders
· ASHA Special Interest Group in Telepractice
· ASHA Special Interest Group in Craniofacial and Velopharyngeal Disorders
· Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, 2009
· Katy Chamber of Commerce, 2009
· Communication Disorders Board Member, University of Houston Alumni , 2005 to 2009
· Katy Alumni Board Member, University of Houston Alumni, 2005
· Speech-Language Pathologist, Texas State Board of Health and Examiners for Speech Pathology
· Speech-Language Pathologist, California State Board for Speech Pathology
· Certified Speech-Language Pathologist, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
· Certificate of Clearance, California Teaching Credentials
Certifications and Trainings
Qualified Orofacial Myologist (QOM)
Comptom Accent Reduction and Modification
It Takes Two to Talk (Hanen Centre)
Every Moves Count
Head and Neck Patterned Electrical Neuromuscular Stimulation
Alisa Prewitt, MA-CCC/SLP, QOM
Is your schedule busy? We can provide remote therapy services within your schedule.
We can provide speech therapy services in our office in Los Angeles, CA
We can provide speech therapy services in your home.
Copyright © 2020 APA Speech Therapy Inc. and LA Talk Spot
Servicing the Entire Los Angeles Region: Thousand Oaks, Calabasas, Westlake Village, Woodland Hills, Agoura Hills - All Rights Reserved.
5850 Canoga Ave Ste 400
Los Angeles, CA USA 91367
APA Speech Therapy for all ages in Los Angeles, CA