Please stay connected with APA Speech Therapy, as this great video of Dr. Prewitt talks about the difference in lives she has made as a Speech-Langauge Pathologist throughout the Greater Los Angeles community. We have over 22 years of expertise, and WE are a preferred provider that can provide quality home health, concierge, teletherapy, and private practice visits.
Dr. Prewitt, a Desert Storm Veteran, completed her clinical doctorate at Rockey Mountain University of Health Professions. She attended Louisiana State University and the University of Houston. She graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Communication Disorders with a minor in Psychology and a Master of Arts in Communication Disorders. Dr. Prewitt, a qualified orofacial myologist, has practiced for twenty-two years.
Dr. Prewitt’s work setting experience includes private practice, regional centers, the public school systems, hospitals, home health, concierge, assisted living, early childhood intervention, skilled nursing facilities, rehabilitation clinics, corporate communication, corporate workplace safety and rehab, and the entertainment industries.
Dr. Prewitt has provided assessment and treatment for autism spectrum disorders, auditory processing/attention, oral motor/feeding disorders, speech disorders, apraxia, cleft palate, craniofacial anomalies, voice disorders, language disorders, stuttering/fluency disorders, accent modification/reduction, facilitating Parkinson adult groups, and special needs intervention. She enjoys a long-standing working relationship with colleagues from the health, corporate, educational, military, and entertainment sectors.
Dr. Prewitt’s specialties include feeding, swallowing, orofacial myology, and neuro-cognitive disorders. Dr. Prewitt’s research has investigated quantitative and qualitative ways to increase oral intake to minimize adverse health effects.
At several workshops, Dr. Prewitt has presented on various topics,s such as auditory processing, apraxia of speech, and oral motor techniques. Many of these presentations were teaching seminars for colleagues and parents. You will find Alisa cooking, enjoying wine tastings, reading, writing, traveling, and spending time with her family and friends in her spare time.
· American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), 2003
· National Black Association for Speech-Language and Hearing 2018
· American Academy of Private Practice in Speech Pathology & Audiology
· International Society of Female Professionals
· ASHA ACE Award in Continuing Education 2021
· ASHA ACE Award in Continuing Education 2020
· ASHA ACE Award in Continuing Education 2019
· ASHA ACE Award in Continuing Education 2018
· ASHA ACE Award in Continuing Education 2017
· California Speech-Language-Hearing Association (CASHA)
· Texas Speech-Language-Hearing Association (TSHA)
· Houston Association for Communication Disorders (HACD)
· ASHA Special Interest Group in Neurophysiology and Neurogenic Speech-Language Disorders
· ASHA Special Interest Group in Swallowing Disorders
· ASHA Special Interest Group in Telepractice
· ASHA Special Interest Group in Craniofacial and Velopharyngeal Disorders
· Boys and Girls Club of the West Valley Board Member 2022
· Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Committeeman
· Communication Disorders Board Member, University of Houston Alumni, 2005 to 2009
· Katy Alumni Board Member, University of Houston Alumni, 2005
· Speech-Language Pathologist, Texas State Board of Health and Examiners for Speech Pathology
· Speech-Language Pathologist, California State Board for Speech Pathology
· Certified Speech-Language Pathologist, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
· Certificate of Clearance, California Teaching Credentials
Certifications and Trainings
Qualified Orofacial MyologistComptonComptom Accent Reduction and Modification
It Takes Two to Talk (Hanen Centre)
Every Moves Count
Head and Neck Patterned Electrical Neuromuscular Stimulation
Dr. Alisa Prewitt, SLPD-CCC/SLP, QOM
Jack implements a holistic approach with his patients as a registered occupational therapist. He graduated from the University of Southern California, one of the leading universities for allied health care professionals. Jack has been practicing for over 8 years providing quality-of-life services to help patients to improve self-care routines, social interactions, and leisure activities. Jack provides ergonomic strategies in the workplace to ensure that employees are safe and frequently consults with businesses to expedite modified return to work environments.
Skilled Nursing Facilities
* Recovery after surgery
* Eating/feeding/Adaptive Equipment
* Toileting/Grooming/Adaptive Equipment
* Neurological Conditions
* Generalized Weakness
* Sports Injuries
* Concussions and Other Brain Injuries
* Spinal Cord Injury
* Productive Aging
* Workplace Ergonomics
Kinesio taping certified
Is your schedule busy? We can provide remote therapy services within your schedule.
We can provide speech therapy services in our office in Los Angeles, CA
We can provide speech therapy services in your home.
Copyright © 2021 APA Speech Therapy Inc. and LA Talk Spot- All Rights Reserved.
Servicing the Entire Los Angeles Region: Thousand Oaks, Calabasas, Westlake Village, Woodland Hills, Agoura Hills
5850 Canoga Ave Suite 400
Los Angeles, CA USA 91367
APA Speech Therapy for all ages in Los Angeles, CA